Friday, April 15, 2011

BROKEN BONES

             So there is some good news and some bad news.. The good news is that today is fast Sunday. :D Testimony meeting at church. The bad news is that corey (my step dad) might have broken his ribs!  The old me would have heard this news and seconds later drive over to a buddy's house to play games without a care in the world living on with what I thought was the perfect life.  But no! today there is something different. I'm trying to be a new person, caring about others and putting them before me no matter how unimportant they are. Me and my stepdad Corey never really see eye to eye even though he is a really good father.  Today I helped him take this huge bougie looking lawnmower off the back of his truck. I was trying to have a positive attitude about it but I really didn't see what the point of it was.  Let me just give you a history lesson. About 20 years ago, Corey lost his vision to diabetes. He has actually been through a lot of surgery as well as gotten a few organ transplants, so hes a pretty tough trooper, not gonna hate. Anywho, I figured that the most sensible reason for wanting that lawnmower to cut the grass was because he couldn't see how bad of condition it was in, not to mention that it was a driving lawnmower that you sit in and im all down with not having to put much work into work, especially cutting our Mt. Everest looking yard.. Well anyways, let me tell you, I could see that lawnmower clear as day and it was BOUGIE! I didnt know where the heck my parents picked it up from? Looked like it was either trash from the side of the rode or straight from the junk yard because it was Busted Rusted and Crusted!
            Anyways back to my point of Corey being a good father.. After I helped him take that zombie looking weed wacker from the back of his truck. He thanked me and then handed me 20 dollars! I was in shock and a little creeped out because that was really nice. And shoot if anybody gives me 20 dollars they can be a good "whatever" in my book. Of course I denied it the first time telling him that he didnt need to pay me but he insisted that I take it so I was like shoot! you don't gotta tell me twice. THANK..UH.. YOU.. very much and goodbye. I went inside to rest and relax from my long day of hard work. I swear i felt like one of those immigrants that wait in the parking lot of  home depot looking for some work.  Tell me why right whenever I get out of taking a warm soothing shower and put on some comfy pajamas to lay in my soft sleep number throne, there is a knock on the door. And this isn't just any type of knock. No, this is one of those knocks you get when you live in the ghetto and and upset black lady is banging on your door because she found out you slept with her man. I waited a second thinking my mom or Corey would realize that I just hauled a 85 pound hoopty lawnmower off the back off 5 foot high truck.  What in the heck do I look like??  Nobody was getting up to get the door so I figured since I do errrthing in this house, ill get it. So, I get up out of my slumber and run down stairs to open the door. At this point I'm not running downstairs to just open the door. I'm about to open the door and wang somebody in the head with the cane my step dad uses to walk around the house.  I open the door to some old white guy who apparently lives across the street. (now this is where the bad news comes in.) Corey, being blind, missed a step on the porch plummeting to his death. A couple years back my mom redid our porch because it was way too steep. Now, I dont know if she did this on purpose but they obviously lengthened our porch way to far out. I swear its like climbing the great wall of china. There are like 50 steps. Corey explained that when he fell he didnt just fall and slide down the stairs. He missed his step fell right on his neck, then his shoulder, and then his ribs somersaulting about 4 or 5 times.. Anyways, he was in a lot of pain. And Corey has a high tolerance for pain from all that he has been through in the past with his surgeries and such so when he complains, it is not something to take lightly.  Not to mention that he could barely talk because it hurt his ribs to breathe.  We all thought that he had broke his ribs or something. I had to yell at my mom a couple times because she was freakin panicing and trying to move him. kay, rule #1 when somebody has just fallen down a flight of stairs, dont move them! I mean come on, common sense. haha. I came outside from calling the ambulance and Corey is all in this awkward position that my mom put him in..
          Turns out that Corey was fine. He was bruised badly but he was going to be okay. Our home teachers cam and gave him a blessing. I love blessings. :) They are so powerful and can really do great miracles. I am so grateful that I have to the opportunity to participate in an ordinance as wonderful as blessings. :D  The funny thing is that just earlier today at church Corey got up to bare his testimony telling everybody that he is never going to let anything get him down or stop him from what he wants to do. He said that if he got hit by a car and was put in a wheel chair, that wouldnt stop him.. well, he definitely didnt get hit by a car but I guess God was giving him a little test to see if Cor was not just all talk. haha..  Ps. people in the hospital are CRAZY! dont even get me started on the craziness that goes on in there. haa!  LAUGHS

No comments:

Post a Comment